Code of Ethics
Our club works hard to protect and enhace the qualities of the Caucasian Ovcharka. We have created a code of ethics which every member should strive to follow. This Code of Ethics is established to set a standard of acceptable behavior for COWDCA members. It is designed to protect the integrity of the club and serves as a guideline for COWDCA members when buying, breeding, selling and exhibiting Caucasian Ovcharkas. As a member of COWDCA, I will abide by the Constitution and By-Laws, and represent the Caucasian Ovcharka to the best of my abilities.
As a Caucasian Ovcharka owner I will adhere to the following principles to the best of my ability.
1. I will provide proper diet, exercise, training and health care for my Caucasian Ovcharka.
2. I will be a responsible guardian of my Caucasian Ovcharka always being aware of his strong protective nature.
3. I will be honest and forth right in my representation of the Caucasian Ovcharka breed.
4. I will strive to be a good ambassador for the Caucasian Ovcharka Working Dog Club of America.
As a Caucasian Ovcharka breeder I will adhere to the following principles to the best of ability.
1. I will strive to only breed dogs that meet the Caucasian Ovcharka breed standard according to type.
2. I will educate myself on the genetic health and temperament problems we have in our breed and to weigh the
positives and negatives in each dog striving to produce the best puppies I can.
3. When placing puppies that are not breed qualtiy I will place them on a spay/neuter contract and if registered, place them on
4. I will offer lifetime support to every one of my puppy buyers. I will educate and assist on the care and training of the puppy
and be willing to have the puppy returned to me (or rehomed upon my approval) if the buyers can no longer keep the
puppy. I will be responsible for the dogs that I produce.
5. I will take full responsibility for my breeding program.
6. It is a privilege being listed on the Breeders Classifidieds. Any complaints from puppy buyers will be reviewed by the board
of directors. Any actions the board may decide to take aganist the individual breeder will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
7. I will be professional and respectful of one another and strive to be supportive of my fellow breeders.
***Remember we are all in this together and the success of our breed relies on every one of us***
8. I will submit to the club brief desctription of breeding goals for my kennel tp be placed on Breeder Classifieds.